538 Long Hill Road / Middletown, CT
Please read and follow these guidelines to receive
a complimentary quote on your scanned photo(s)
or to upload high-resolution images.
To efficiently post your image as an email attachment for a complimentary quote
please observe the following guidelines to capture your damaged photograph(s):
IF YOU’RE SCANNING A PHOTOGRAPH:
1. Scan the image at a resolution of no more than 150 to 200 ppi (pixels per inch).
2. Size the image to no larger than approx. 9 x 12 inches and/or file size not to exceed 5 Mb (megabytes).
3. Save your image to use as an email attachment in .jpeg format only.
IF YOU’RE TAKING A SNAPSHOT WITH A SMARTPHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE:
1. Place the photo on the floor or tabletop away from harsh direct light, glare, reflections, or overhead
lights. Indirect, even lighting is best -- do not use the flash.
2. Try and get directly over the photo before you shoot. Close in and fill the frame with the photo
proportional to the screen, filling it with the entire image. Keep it straight on all sides if possible and
with no distortion.
3. Hold steady and shoot. Take a look to see if the image is in focus. If it looks OK, then post, if not try again.
Whichever of the above methods you choose, post your image(s) as an attachment along
with any specific requests, questions, concerns or comments and email to:
• Be sure to include your full name and address and a telephone number to reach you.
• Note the size of each original image and if you would like to have it enlarged to a standard size
like 5 x 7, 6 x 9, 8 x 10, 11 x 14 inches, etc.
Please call 860-638-0890 if you experience problems or have any questions.
UPLOADING HIGH-RESOLUTION IMAGES
High-resolution images can be saved in native .psd format (preferred), .tif or high-quality .jpeg format. If you have high-resolution images in any of those formats you can upload them to the file hosting service Dropbox. Be sure to share the folder with firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave a message in the Dropbox Share dialog when you create the folder, or contact Paul via email at email@example.com regarding the Dropbox upload(s) along with any special instructions, questions, specific requests, questions, concerns or comments. Be sure to include your full name and address and a telephone number to reach you. If you prefer to discuss first please call 860-638-0890.
If you want to scan photographs that need to be restored and/or retouched please review the Scanning Your Photos page first. If you are sending original photographs to be scanned in-house (preferred method), go to Placing an Order page for additional information regarding packaging and shipping suggestions.
THANK YOU and I look forward to helping you with your photo restoration and retouching project!